Ask Matty for May 1, 2010
Matty from Mattycollector.com takes the time to answer questions from collectors.
Thank you Matty!
1) We have seen a metallic green deco on the DCUC Hal Jordan Green Lantern figure. Will that figure be part of the Green Lantern 5-pack or a running change in the ALL-STAR lineup?
This is an upcoming TRU All-Star re-deco figure! We kind of snuck that reveal in to see who noticed!
2) Someone suggested that the DCUC Starro mask 4-pack that will be given away FREE at SDCC with the purchase of the DCIH boxed set, be also SOLD on the Mattycollector.com site after SDCC. Some collectors would like to buy multiples to use on their DCUC figures. Is this possible?
Much like Gleek, the Starro Spores will only be available with purchase of the Starro 75th pack at SDCC. The version of the 75th box set on MattyCollector.com will not include the 6” scale Spores.
3) Will there be a reserve supply of SDCC DCUC Plasticman and DCIH Starro Box Sets put aside for the Mattycollector.com site, or if they sell out at SDCC will they no longer be available?
Yes, all of the SDCC items have separate inventory for the show as well as Mattycollector.com. If we have stock left over from the SDCC inventory it will be sold online as well. Although based on previous years we doubt any of the items that are exclusive to the show such as Orko or the Starro Spores will remain after the show so please don’t count on this option.
4) Aquaman fans were happy to see him in the DCIH Starro Box Set. When will the DCIH Aquaman figure be released on a single card at retail?
We don’t have a retail version of Aquaman in Infinite Heroes to announce quite yet. Right now, the Starro pack version is the only one on the horizon.
5) What is the DCIH STARRO figure made from? It kind of looks like foam rubber. Are there wires in the arms that will hold the shape if you bend them? Is it safe to toss at my nephew's head when we play "STARRO ATTACKS!"?
It is made of rubber with bendy metal wires running through it; similar to Clayface’s arms but with a more heavy-duty material.