Ask Matty for August 15, 2010
Matty from Mattycollector.com takes the time to answer questions from collectors.
Thank you Matty!
1) There were a few of the DC Infinite Heroes figures that were shown but most people have not found them yet at retail. When will the following figures be released? (photos attached)
- Captain Atom in Gold and red
- Shazam in White
- Black Hand in Black and grey
Hopefully these figures will get wider distribution in fall of 2010. This is one of the reasons we have not announced more 2010 figure since there are quite a few previously announced figures to make it out there.
2) Some DC Infinite Heroes figures are hard to find in the USA.
- Commissioner Gordon in SWAT uniform
- Superman Prime
- Wildcat in Black
These figures have been released in Canada, Australia and Europe, but were almost a NO SHOW in the USA. Any plans to get these figures into circulation again for the USA collectors?
We have these figures available for retailers to order in the US. It is up to retailers to order more product. If you are not seeing the latest Infinite Heroes figures at your local toy store, ask for more from the toy department manager.
3) Can you please stop pre-posing the DC Universe Classics figures in their package? Some people have reported that the limbs get warped in the package.
Looking at the packaged photo of Zatanna, I hope the same does not happen to her action figure.
We didn’t see a photo of Zatanna attached but if you want to post it up so we can forward to our consumer goods department, which may help us control this issue!
4) Some people were very unhappy after Friday's panel at SDCC, to see NO NEW FIGURES announced for DC Infinite Heroes in 2010. We were just shown a Green Lantern slide and were told we would have to wait until 2011. I hope the wait will be worth it, meaning that improvements to the 3.75" figures will be included as well, like articulated elbows on the female Green Lanterns. Besides GREEN LANTERN MOVIE figures, I certainly hope that there will be a large amount of Green Lantern Comic Book Versions of characters mixed into the assortments. I hope that the first wave of 3.75" Green Lantern figures is large and impressive, because if it fails we may not see wave 2 or 3. Will we see Classic Green Lantern characters as well as the new Blackest Night multi-colored lantern figures in the assortments? (Please don't give that "we can't talk about unannounced figures" answer, you owe the DCIH fans something, and we know you plan to continue DCIH after Green Lantern, so maybe you can shed some more light on that.)
We can’t comment anymore on 2011 product at this time. We’ll have a lot to reveal in the coming months though. All we can say is you will see 3 ¾” scale figures in 2011 with a Green Lantern theme. Until we have retailer commitments we can’t announce anything. 2011 is still very in flux.
5) I saw the new Imaginex Green Lantern Playset that was announced at SDCC. A repaint of the Mars base. I was thinking that another repainted version would make a nice Aquaman playset? (I hope the Green Lantern Movie 3.75" playsets will be more impressive.)
That is a great suggestion and we will gladly pass along to the Fisher-Price team!