Ask Matty for May 1, 2013
Matty from Mattycollector.com takes the time to answer questions from collectors.
Thank you Matty!
1) I have seen the new Target Exclusive JUSTICE LEAGUE figures both the single carded figures and the 7 pack. The photos of the 7 pack set on the Target website and the back of the package show the figures in a metallic paint finish. However the figures in the package do not have the metallic finish.
QUESTION: are there variants of these figures coming? I would rather have the metallic Cyborg and Hal Jordan, as well as Superman, Flash and Aquaman.
Right now, there are no plans for metallic painted variants of the Justice League figures. Due to the way production schedules work and how early photo models are needed, the photo models on package are all hand- made models rather than actual production pieces. As such, they have to be decorated with paint, which has a different metallic effect than the molded metallic plastic of the actual production run.
2) Hi, I've seen the new evergreen Batman 3.75" figure with vehicle sets at Target and other retailers. I know that Target is selling their exclusive 3.75" 5 pack set on their website. Some people have seen the single carded 3.75" Batman figures at Krogers grocery store and Khol's but not the big retailers.
QUESTION: When are they coming and which retailers will be selling them?
The Batman fig/vehicles and figures will be sold at a variety of fine retailers, both brick-and-mortar and online. They are have been hitting shelves for the past few months.
3) DC Infinite Heroes ended in 2010, in favor of preparing for the Young Justice figures. Both lines had a bad launch, but DC Infinite Heroes managed to get several waves and over 150 figures including the different paint variations. Many DC 3.75" - 4" figure fans want to see this line return. Since this line was patterned after the figure designs for the DC UNIVERSE ONLINE video game, why not rename the line after the video game? (You did make Arkham City and Injustice game figures.) You can release new figures as well as some of the old figures that appear in the game. As the game developers continue to add to the game, more DC Characters and costume variations are being added. We know that there was a LOST wave of DCIH figures that were prototyped and never released. Add some elbow articulation to the female figures and bring these figures back.
QUESTION: Will we see some good looking DC 3.75"-4" figures like DCIH in the future, maybe labeled under "DC Universe Online" or even "Justice League"?
You’ll have to wait and see! For now, you can check out the Justice League figures that recently launched at Target.
4) QUESTION: Is the Superman Man of Steel 3.75"-4" figure line geared more for kids than collectors? The line appears to have several multi-colored versions of Superman and some with or without some battle armor. Many collectors prefer the traditional DC comic book costume versions over the Warner Brothers movie costume versions.
By the time these answers hit the web, the Man of Steel product will have hit shelves, so you can see what’s out there! The figures celebrate and are inspired by the film.
5) QUESTION: If you release a 3.75"-4" line of "Justice League" action figures, will they be nicely sculpted and articulated like the DC Infinite Heroes or will they have clunky over-sized hands and feet and limited articulation like the current evergreen Batman 3.75"-4" figures have?
What would you like to see?