Ask Matty for March 15, 2011
Matty from Mattycollector.com takes the time to answer questions from collectors.
Thank you Matty!
1) After the 3.75" Green Lantern figures are made, will Mattel revisit the DC Infinite Heroes line with the unproduced figures like the Hawkgirl, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Black Manta, Golden-Age Batman, Golden-Age Superman that we've seen, or will the Young Justice line replace it and we have to rebuild our DC Universe collection all over again?
Right now we are putting all of our resources into the GL move line and DCUC. It is possible in time we will return to an Infinite Heroes-type line but nothing is planned now for 2011.
2) For the 3.75" Young Justice toyline, we've seen some single figures and 2 figure pack combinations. Will the 2-pack versions of the characters be different than the single pack versions? You remember that DCIH started with the same figures being offered in multiple combinations which choked up the shelves at launch because of too much duplication. Hopefully Young Justice will not repeat the same mistake and offer other variations like the stealth suit repaints.
There will be unique figures and decos in the two-packs. Some figures will repeat. It is just part of the logistics of doing a toy line. Not every pack can have 100% new figures.
3) I like the 6" Young Justice toyline, Robin, Aqualad and Artemis look great. Would it be safe to say that wave 2 of the 6" series will have Superboy, Kid Flash and Miss Martian?
We are not ready to comment past Wave 1 for now, but if there are more figures, the plan is indeed to look at the main team of sidekicks in this scale.
4) When will the next DCUC line be revealed? I am a big JSA fan and I hope that assortment will be confirmed. I was not crazy about the Blackest Night or Super Friends DCUC waves, so I need a jolt of JSA to make up for it.
Likely in late spring/early summer depending on how fast the Horsemen finish the figures! They are still being sculpted!
5) Green Lantern 3.75" figure waves. We saw the battle series with those construct contraptions, but will we see play sets and vehicles for the Green Lantern figures?
There will be vehicles for the GL figures out on May 1st that each feature a ring activated transformation. Right now we do not have plans for a full playset, but time will tell!