Ask Matty for April 1, 2011
Matty from Mattycollector.com takes the time to answer questions from collectors.
Thank you Matty!
1) I recently purchased the Young Justice Happy Meal toys from McDonald's. The adult figures were 4" tall and the teen figures were 3.75" tall. Based on the Toyfair photos I know that the adults like Captain Atom will be taller than the teen figures. Can you tell us how tall the adult and teen figures will be in the Mattel line?
The teens will be slightly smaller then the adults but all will be at about a 4”scale. You’ll see the whole line at our conventions this summer.
2) The new Batman toyline looks like it was made up of figures that were planned but never before released, or like the Super Powers re-painted Mr.Freeze needed a special assortment for release. In the future, which toyline will offer more new Batman related characters, the Batman toyline or DCUC?
Now that we have the Batman Legacy line and an upcoming Batman film, you will see more Bat Family character in these lines. But it doesn’t mean a few won’t show up in DCUC from time to time as well!
3) The new Imaginext Batmobile looks cool! The design is very close to what we've seen in the comics. I can't wait to get 1 or 2 of them. When are they scheduled to come out?
This will be out later in fall 2011.
4) Target has an exclusive Imaginext Villain Robot to go along with the Police Robot. These might look great to be re-painted as a Kryptonian Warsuit. Include a little Superman in his black recovery suit.
A cool suggestion we will pass onto the Imaginex team!
5) We are still seeing DCUC and GLC figures with warped limbs and joints due to being pre-posed in the package. When will these packaging defects be reduced?
This is something we are constantly working on and hope will soon be a thing of the past.