Matty from Mattycollector.com takes the time to answer questions from collectors.
1. Chris asks: I have noticed that the Alexander Luthor (3.75") figure is about the most unpopular figure in the line, in spite of how easy he is to customize, but he died and was resurected as a Black Lantern and with no physical changes to his appearance, only a paint change, so perhaps Mattel could consider a paint change on the figure to a Black Lantern design to perhaps make it more popular, and maybe even generate more interest in the first one? All of this with the fact that Blackest Night is going on in the books of course.
We’d love to get some Blackest Night characters. But keep in mind, we learn about new characters at the same time you do, and it takes 12-16 months for a new figure to hit shelves. So the earliest you might see these type of figures would be spring 2011.
2. Will the Green Lantern movie toy line have 3.75" figures and playsets similar to the Batman movie toy line? I hope to see a Green Lantern Main Power Battery playset kind of like what was originally proposed for the Kenner Super Powers toy line.
It is WAY too early for us to discuss any of our plans right now for Green Lantern, but you can be assured we will have some amazing figure lines for both kids and collectors!
3. I read that Maniac Mike will be handling the DCU toy lines. How long has Mike been a DC fan and Who are some of Mike's favorite DC characters?
Mike: "I've been reading DC Comics for a while now. Oddly enough it was the Death of Superman Event that pulled me into DC Comics, after the emergence of Image had me reading Spawn and Young Blood, back in the early 90's. I've since gone back and read a lot of older stuff both pre-Crisis and post. As for favorite characters right now I would say I'm a big Vic Sage The Question fan (Not that I have anything against Renee Montoya). I'm also a big Secret Six/Villains United fan! I just wish they would bring back Parademon as I miss his and Ragdolls banter I'm definitely digging Batman & Robin right now as Dick Grayson has definitely stepped into the role pretty smoothly!"
4. Besides the Legion of Super-Heroes, what other teams will be featured in the 2010 DC Infinite Heroes toyline? You don't have to announce specific characters, just tell us what DC Teams will be represented in 2010?
There will be figures from many teams next year including Justice League, Justice Society, Teen Titans and more.
5. DC Comics will be featuring the GENERATIONAL LEGACY of their characters during their 75th Anniversary year. Will we see something similar reflected in the 2010 DCUC and DCIH where characters from the Golden-Age, Silver-Age, Bronze-Age and Modern-Age be in the lineups or grouped in sets?
Yup, you’ll absolutely see this in many of our lines next year and beyond too.